10/09/2024

Yes, you can! - a pair of cards


Hello there! It's again new week and new posts lined up! I'm starting the week with some flower cards.

Some weeks ago, I kept a YouTube live and did an art journal spread (link). In the spread a character was holding a super-sized bloom and I used watercolors to stamp the flower. With such a medium, the outcome is always a bit of a surprise, so I had extra flowers to go around. I used those flowers to make these cards! 

The focal point is the watercolor stamped bloom. Underneath it is a layer of patterned cardstock, a sliver of stamped cardstock and then a piece of an orange toned gel print. To tie everything together, I added some white splashes to the card as well as added a faux stitch line going around the card. The embellishments include a couple of old, black buttons and a knot of black sewing thread. I felt that the card needed a bit more contrast and picked the stark color from the stamped sliver. Each card is finished with a sentiment strip. The other one states, in Finnish: "Not old, antique" and other "Yes, you can!". 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a sunny week!


Materials: Stampers Anonymous, PaperArtsy, Gelli Arts, Korttipaja







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...