06/09/2024

Potions Master - an assemblage


Heippa hei and welcome to the first Friday post of the month! You of course know what that means? A new process video! You can see the whole process here (link) on my YouTube channel.

As you can see from the photos, this time I made an assemblage. The initial inspiration was apothecary or a pharmacist, but I ended up calling the piece "Potions master" instead. I have had this chipboard door in my stash for a while and I wanted to put that into use. The door itself seemed too small to be a background, so I added it on top of this lace-like bigger chipboard background. I also rummaged through my stash of molded elements and pulled several shapes out of the drawer - some bottles, some bones and a skull and several light bulbs. I had planned to use a photo negative as a horizontal element, but while crafting the piece it felt needing something more. So, it was a quick run outside to gather some small branches to make the horizontal line more prominent. I then used that line to mount my elements, like they'd be on a shelf. But, like I said earlier, you can see the whole process here (link) on my YouTube channel.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful Friday and weekend!


Materials:

A.B.Studio - chipboard background ID-4
A.B.Studio - mixmedia thick cardboard ID-200
Prima Marketing - Finnabair silicone mold Apothecary Bottles
Prima Marketing - Finnabair silicone mold Light Bulbs
Prima Marketing - Finnabair silicone mold Birds and Bats
Prima Marketing - Finnabair silicone mold Skulls and Bones
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Mahogany, Chalk, Terracotta, Pine Grove
Ranger - Archival Ink Jet Black
Prima Marketing - Art Alchemy metallique wax Vintage Gold
Prima Marketing - Art Alchemy Antiquing wax Soot
Sizzix - Thinlits Leaf Fragments die set 665559
Ranger - Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey
Prima Marketing - Art Basics Heavy Body Gel
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Halloween Drippy Candles TH94260
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Optic Frames TH94375
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Word Plaques + Tags Halloween TH94341
Prima Marketing - Finnabair Mechanicals Grungy Gears
Prima Marketing - Finnabair Mechanicals Tin Hearts
Ranger - Distress collage medium
Prima Marketing - Art Extravagance Texture Powder
Prima Marketing - Art Extravagance Art Stones
wire, natural twine, twigs, pieces of wood, a photo negative
brushes, scissors, palette knife, sponge, water mister, hot glue gun








1 comment:

enkulin käsityöt said...

On kyllä upeuksien upeus.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...