20/07/2022

Just Breathe - Art Daily Cafe


Moikka! Today I'm sharing my Art Daily project with you. It's my take on the July theme and colours - you can see those here, in the theme announcement post (link). Should you wish to see this post in the Art Daily Cafe blog, here's the link to that (link).


I’ve recently grown an addiction to crackle paste. I usually use the white one through a stencil as a dimensional pattern, but this time I wanted to do something else. So, after adding some colours, splashes and stamping to the background and cutting it to size fitting inside my journal I then coated it with clear crackle paste. What I always do with crackle paste is to try to make an uneven layer so there’s bigger and smaller crackles in it after drying. Here I highlighted them delicately by adding a layer of white gesso on top and then wiped the most off, so the paint only stuck to the cracks.


The dried flower was a bit harder element to tackle. I didn’t have time to actually gather flowers and put them to a flower press, so instead I needed to think about something else. Pondering about what to do, my eye happened to wonder around my craft space and saw this little piece I made some time ago (link). In it I sewed a little plant on top of cotton fabric, and I really liked the look. So, I copied myself and used the same thing here. I added a dried hay on top of cotton but added another plant element in the page as well. There are some dandelion seeds locked underneath the Art Pebble. Like the stalk of hay, these were more or less dried already, so they were ready to be used!


The month’s colour palette was white, yellow, and green. All the three colours are present in the background. I guess the white and the green are the easiest to spot, but I did use a pale yellow in the brayering and added some more vibrant, yellow-coloured splashes in there. Those show better in the detail shots.

I wanted to keep this art journal page sedate, keeping the main focus on the hay and those few stitches. It was a fun page to do, as much of the layers in the background are done using different acrylic colours on top of each other. Other elements are limited, just backing the plant elements.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful day! Stay safe, everyone!


Materials: Prima Marketing, PaperArtsy, Ranger

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...