03/11/2020

Flower cards - 7 Dots Studio


Moikka! Today I'm sharing a set of cards I did for 7 Dots Studio. I used the same composition and elements in each card but changed the colors of the mediums and papers to each. 

The inspiration for these was the 12x12 sheet “Dreamy” from “Garden Party” collection. I guess the blooms reminded me of more sunny, summery days as the autumn and winter glooms in. I wanted to highlight the sunny feel also with my choice of papers and picked colorful ones over the vintage tea-toned colors I usually am drawn to.


I started the cards by cutting the blooms from the sheet. Then I paired each flower with a 6x6” sheet and a tag. After that I began to layer some mediums to the background starting with gesso and continuing with two types of ink. I also added a wax seal to each card to act as a interesting detail but also to lock the thread I added around the card in place. If you want to see how the cards came about, please see the video below! 

Thank you for stopping by today! 


Materials from 7 Dots Studio: 


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Sinelli, Ranger, Prima Marketing











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...