10/11/2018

Reflecting Egersund


Hi there and sweet weekend! How are you today? This post has A LOT of projects in it and it's also a trip down the memory lane as I'm sharing pages I did during Louise Nelson workshops at Egersund last month. 

The whole event was amazing! I loved meeting everyone, visiting beautiful Egersund again and especially learning from Louise. I also really loved how all of the three workshops were linked and formed a wholeness. It was wonderful to see the organizers Brit and Linda again and also others who attended the workshops like Linda, Elina, Arnlaug and Katja. It was also wonderful to see Egersund again. Like last time I was there - every time we had a little break, I went for a quick walk. It's so beautiful in there!


During the workshops we did monoprinting, carved stamps and drew portraits. I enjoyed every minute of it! I loved the phase of the workshops and how we could explore things on our own as well. I liked doing the monoprinting but I liked even more the stamp carving! It's highly addictive! 

Underneath you can see some of the stamps I carved during the workshop and you can see them in use in the layouts along this post. For example in the layout above there's the flower in use as well as the lines and in the following layout, after the stamp photo, there's the raven and the "stitch" in use. Luckily I still have some of the stamp rubber left so I can do other stamps when I get the chance. 


The first layout in this post is about a letter home. While writing this, I noticed that I forgot to alter the letters of the title with a white pen! Oops. But the topic is how we sent a postcard home while in London and the girls wrote it. There's a monoprinted background in that one from the workshops. 

The next one also has a monoprinted background along with some stamping. The topic is sweet Tania, whom I've had the pleasure of meeting a couple of times and really looking forward seeing again at Creative World! 

The one below is a special one for me. There's a background I did during the workshop and the crow stamp I carved. I used a line from the lyrics of "Chosen" as my journaling - take a leap of faith if you want to find out. 


The last two layouts have again monoprinted background and some stamping as well. The first one, the one underneath here is made for Miranda who at the moment of the workshops had just lost her house and everything in the hurricane. She's so sweet and lovely, I just had to do a page for her as I was worried about her well being while I was in Egersund.

The last but not least is a page I did of my two girls. The photo is taken while we visited Ateneum, Finnish National Gallery as they had Duckburg versions of the famous Finnish paintings in there. They also had a replica of Donald Duck's car in there where kids could sit. Naturally I needed a snap shot of that and then turn that into a layout. The red details in the page are inspired by the color of the car with the register plate 313. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! 


Materials: Prima Marketing, 7 Dots Studio, A Flair for Buttons, Wow Embossing Powder


3 comments:

PiHi said...

Upeita töitä kaikki!

Sylvie said...

As usual, everything is amazing, i love it !!

Brit Sviggum said...

Love your work, Riikka :) And loved meeting you again. It was a great weekend. Hope we'll meet again :) Brit

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...