11/11/2018

Come fly with me - GDT AALL & Create


Tsirp! Come fly with me? That's the saying in this little altered piece I did as a guest designer for AALL & Create. The canvas like piece is actually a lid of a wooden box I altered or used like a canvas in this make. 

I mixed some older and new stamps in this one. The background is done with a new "Eclectic Silhouette" stamp. If you want to see the background before adding the clouds and color, please take a look at my Instagram (link) as there's a sneak peek of the project. The other new stamp set used in this one is "Girlz with Wingz", from which I stamped one of the birds. The clouds and the bigger birds are from a set called "Quirky Birds".

I started by making a collage of stamped paper to the background. Then I gessoed it lighly and after drying stamped the clouds with embossing ink. I embossed them with white powder and then colored the sky with watercolors. The birds are stamped on top of white cardstock and cut loose. The piece is then framed with wire thread from which I created a dangling piece as well. The canvas is like a different kind of dream catcher. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great start to the new week!


Stamps from AALL & Create: 

#69 Quirky Birds stamp set
#132 Girlz with Wingz stamp set 
#113 Eclectic Silhouette stamp


Materials: AALL & Create, Prima Marketing, Wow Embossing Powder, Sinelli





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...