13/11/2018

Stroke of Midnight - Wow Embossing Powder


Hi there! It's a new week and new projects to share. Today I'm sharing a sparkling creation I did for Wow Embossing Powder with you! It's a dark but glimmering cover with mixed media touches. 

You all know that the theme this month is the Sparkles and Christmas? I went just with the first one. My original idea was to incorporate the two but then I get carried on with my idea of the glitter paste and how marvellous that would look on top of black and... well, you can see the result. Not so much "Christmassy", yes? Although the glitter I used in the background is called "Stroke of Midnight" so maybe this cover is my interpretation of the winter night sky during Christmas? 


I keep telling that I'm not a glitter person as such, but who am I kidding?! A bit of glitter and shine fits to most projects and like I wrote in the beginning, pairing it with black usually does the trick. A black surface makes the colors sing and lets the glimmer sparkle even more. It's all got to do with contrasts - a dark shadow lets the light shine even brighter. 

I prepared a step by step for you in case you want to create something similar. I've used a blueish color scheme in my project and did it on top of a journal, but following the same steps and just alternating the colors you can create any colored canvas or card as well! If you like to see the tutorial, please head over to Wow's blog (link)!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful, glitter-filled day!


Materials used from Wow: 



Materials: Wow Embossing Powder, Prima Marketing




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...