22/10/2017

Snowy tree cards - Sizzix


O Christmas tree, o Christmas tree, how lovely are thy branches! It has been snowing in parts of Finland today so maybe this post isn't so much out of season. 

Here's some winter cards I made for Sizzix. These are actually my first actual Christmas cards this year! They were so fun and easy to make so I'm guessing that me and the girls are doing something like these as your actual Christmas greetings this year.


I started by painting some watercolor to a piece of white cardstock. On top I then stamped a floral design by Carabelle Studio. To me those flowers represent the icy florals Jack Frost draws to windows when the weather is chilly enough. The focal point of the cards, however, is a Christmas tree cut from a watercolor painted cardstock using a Sizzix Bigz die. To heighten the snowy, icy feel, I then stamped another design to the tree and embossed it with white.

Did you know, that if you follow the link below in the die to Sizzix site (link), you can see ideas done with that die? For example you can find a felt Christmas garland (link) and a Christmas card (link) done with this same die.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a great start to the new week! 


Sizzix dies used:



Materials: Sizzix, Carabelle Studio, Prima Marketing, Wow Embossing Powder

2 comments:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Ihanuuksia ja upeat värit.

Julie S said...

Beautiful in their simplicity! I love your cards (and may borrow your idea for my Christmas cards this year. Maybe they'll actually get sent out that way!) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...