03/06/2017

Finlandia ATCs - Prima Marketing


Hello and sweet Saturday! Today I'd like to share a set of ATCs with you. These are made for Prima, for a post about inspiration. That's my favorite theme of all time, I'm intrigued by the concept and the process of inspiration. You can see the whole post here (link).


I’m a visual person so naturally images give me ideas. But as I’m a visual person, I usually see music as images, too. Do you do that? See music in colors, in pictures? For the inspiration post I thought to use music as my inspiration. It’s one of my biggest inspiration sources and I’ve been doing several pieces with the theme. 

This time I went with a mammoth. Finland is celebrating its 100th birthday this year and the whole year is full of festivities. I chose a very meaningful, patriotic song – Finlandia. It’s not our national anthem even though some people think we should change it as such. But to me it’s more meaningful, more inspirational than “Maamme”, the anthem. I always see same images flowing in front of my eyes when listening to the piece. I turned the images, or details of those, into a set of ATCs. 


Here’s a link to a YouTube video of the song (link). But before clicking it, I urge you to close your eyes or use a Spotify or similar to just listen to the music as the video has images and can that way effect the vision you’re getting. It would be lovely to hear what you see in the notes! 

Have a great day! Thank you for stopping by today! 


Materials:

962883 – Ephemera Melange 
847722 – 6x6” Watercolor Paper Pad 
961459 – Heavy Gesso Black 
961442 – Heavy Gesso White 
961411 – Modeling Paste 
961503 – Texture Paste White Crackle 
963705 – Art Stones 
961367 – 3D Gloss Gel 
584269 – Watercolor Confections Tropicals 
961435 – Soft Gloss Gel 
962845 – Mica Powder Deep Water 
962838 – Mica Powder Summer Sky 
963118 – Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint Deep Water 
963019 – Sculpture Medium Clear 
961602 – Glitter Set Ebony and Ivory 
964030 – Glass Beads 1.5mm 

576455 – Palette Marker Set Jet Black 


Materials: Prima Marketing


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...