04/07/2016

Wash - 7 Dots Studio


Hi there and happy new week! Yesterday I shared my first page for 7 Dots Studio in July and here's the second one. Like I wrote yesterday, they both are about me and a food memory. Where as the first one was about quite recent happenings, this page is instead a childhood memory. I’m not sure if it was my mother who told this to my kids or me, but they love to quote the subject and often ask me “Mommy, do you remember the time you washed a doughnut?” 


My grandmother was a splendid cook. She outdid herself every holiday creating a lovely meal for the whole family. One of her specialties were cinnamon doughnuts she did during May Day time. I loved those so much – especially when they were fresh, but hated how the sugar on top always made my fingers sticky. As I needed to wash my fingers constantly, I tried a different approach once and took my doughnut to the sink and washed it under running water. Funnily it didn’t taste that good after the wash. 

As the moment is something even my kids now quote and re-tell, I thought that it deserved to have a layout as well. I mixed some collections together and made up a page to celebrate not only the doughnut but also in a way my grandmother.

Thank you for stopping by today! See you soon again!


Materials from 7 Dots Studio:

Homegrown – Clear Stamps 
Homegrown – Flower Stencil 




Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Um Wow Studio, Ranger, American Crafts

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...