03/07/2016

Sushi - 7 Dots Studio


Hello there and happy Sunday! Today I'm sharing my first July page for 7 Dots Studio. I made two layouts for my monthly post this time. The other one is in green shades and other one is red. Both of the pages are about me, a memory which I wanted to preserve and funnily enough both are connected to food!

This green page is about sushi. When this dish came popular in Finland, my acquaintance took me out for a taste. I was going for the sushi rolls, maki sushi, but she convinced me to try the nigiri instead. Salmon was ok, I managed the tuna fish but struggled so hard with prawn and especially octopus. So the first try wasn’t a delightful delicacy at all. I think I drank more water then than ever during a meal. 

Years went by and I didn’t touch the stuff with a stick (ha, pun intended). But then my co-worker was thinking what to eat during a Sunday shift when the cafeteria isn’t open and decided to go for a sushi. She convinced me to try again, this time going for my original idea, maki sushi. And boy was that a different thing! I tasted the first one carefully and ended up gobbling up the rest as they were such a treat! 

Thinking back that experiment I wanted to not only document my encounter with sushi but also the fact that you should follow your instincts!

Thank you for your visit today! I'll share the other page tomorrow. 


1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

Beautiful page - and what a fun memory!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...