29/10/2014

Cold Country cards - 7 Dots Studio


Hello and lovely Wednesday to you all! Today I'm sharing a set of cards I made for 7 Dots Studio

The bases of the cards are made with the same technique I used to make the base for this canvas (link). I also have a video showing how to stamp on to the modeling paste. After the paste had dried I then colored the backgrounds with mists and layered some embellishments on top.

If you wish to see a step by step tutorial how these cards came together - please visit 7 Dots Studio's blog (link)


The color scheme of these mimic the "Cold Country" collection, one from the previous reveal. Talking about that - have you seen the new collections yet? The "Destination Unknown" with maritime feeling, the soft toned "Thoughts Keeper" and the romantic "Soulmates"? I just had a parcel from 7 Dots Studio delivered last week and all the new goodies are all so fabulous! I have done my first layouts with them already and you'll see them next month.

Thank you for your visit!


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Carabelle Studio, Tattered Angels, Ranger, Prima Marketing, Teippitarha, Sharpie

11 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow! What a beautiful collection of cards Riikka! Lovin' all the layers and pretty color palette!

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards Riikka, love that textures :))

Denise van Deventer said...

These are stunning Riikka...love the layers, colouring and textures! ;-)

Val-Belle said...

Beautiful cards. I love the colours, the textures and the beautiful layering.

Paula said...

These cards are simply beautiful...I totally love them!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Mona <3

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Denise :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you Paula <3

KarenB said...

Hi Riikka, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your tutorial. I am not very experienced at mixed media techniques and your tutorial made it easy for me to try something new. For my first attempt I made some tags: http://beingkaren.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/a-little-mixed-media.html

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you so much Karen for sending the link! I'm so grateful and happy that my tutorial inspired you! :")

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...