13/09/2024

Enchanting items - a pair of cards


Hello! It's again Friday and time for the process video post. This time I'm making a pair of harvest inspired cards using stickers, chipboard shapes and old postage stamps. You can see how I made the pair in the process video here (link) on my YouTube channel.

I chose to go with horizontal composition for these long cards. Usually I'm more drawn to the gothic line of sleek, vertical cards, but somehow this shape felt more appropriate for the earthy harvest cards. I emphasized the shape throughout the composition. For example, I added a couple of strands of natural twine to the base layer and placed the wheat stalks also horizontally. 

I otherwise kept the color palette in these cards quite earthy, going with browns and beiges, but there's a couple of sparks of color, too. For one, there's the focal point fruit that pop against the neutral elements but there's also the vintage postage stamps scattered to the composition, giving a hint of color. 

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you liked the video! Wishing you a splendid weekend! 


Materials:

Fabrika Decoru - Summer Botanical diary stickers
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Backdrops volume 4 #TH94308
A.B.Studio - Mixmedia cardboard ID-281
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Butter, Mahogany, Caramel
Creative Company - circle die
Ranger - Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Halloween 2023 sticker book #TH94335
Fabriano - Accademia 160g cardstock
masking tape, old buttons, old postage stamps, natural twine
double sided tape, craft glue, foam tape
scissors, stapler, paper cutter, brushes, palette knife, sponge

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...