27/12/2022

Sweet cakes - a set of ATCs


Hi there and happy new week! This week is a bit odd as I decided to add just a couple of blog posts - today and on Friday with a process video. But in a way it's kind of getting you used to a bit scarcer rhythm as I'm thinking to cut back on the posts for next year. That's one of my goals for new year - fewer posts, but more play and art time! 

But back to today's post! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas time if you celebrate or just a lovely weekend, if you don't celebrate. We had a wonderful Holiday with family and good food. Somehow these cakes feel fitting to that! They are made using KateCrafts printables (link). I adhered the printed pdf to a sheet of cardstock and then cut the cakes loose so they are a bit sturdier. 

The backgrounds are a mess of elements - but still looking good together, I think. The base is a sample sheet from a workshop I was keeping, then some watercolors and inks on top. Lastly I added a stenciled ink layer and some splashes. The embellishments are partly a challenge by Mai (link) and something I had on my work table at the moment. I was making these during Craftaamo and Mai challenged me to use some shaker goodies she had extra. She thought the pink and sweet glittery items would be a tough cookie for me, but little did she know that I had just began this project where they fitted perfectly! The great tulle is also from her, stapled to the cards. The white rings are cut using Cricut - I made those for workshop kits. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely week! Stay safe everyone!


Materials: Kate Crafts, Ranger, Cricut, Carabelle Studio




2 comments:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Ai että ovat herkullisia

Armiida said...

Todella herkullisen näköiset kortit. Ihanat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...