22/12/2022

Girl in a closh - FB live recording


Just a couple of days until Christmas! Today I'm sharing a little decorated bell dome I created during a FB live last week. This will be my last post this week as I start to prepare for the Holidays. Next time there's something in here on the 27th. 

I have included the recording of the live in this post, but I kept the live in my native tongue, Finnish. They do say that a picture tells a thousand words, so maybe you're able to follow the process even if the language seems strange. And of course, you can ask me to clarify things! But just a quick info, just in case. 


I started to decorate the dome by painting the wooden base piece as well as a couple of Mechanicals with a silver paint. After the paint was dry I then added some silver metal flakes on top creating a feeling of a worn piece. Or at least that's how I see it with places more shiny than the others. I then used hot glue gun to pipe some snowy tree like shapes to a non-stick surface and let that cool. In the mean while I added white gesso to the center of the wooden piece, then a piece of lace and another layer of gesso. On top of the lace I added some gauze, too. This was to add different textures to the piece but also in my eye those fabric elements add some vintage feel to it. I also adhered the two metal embellishments on top of the dome part using hot glue and finished the look with a pearl. The lines with the hot glue were to convey the idea of icicles. 

As the last part was the whole assembly - adding the little character inside and making sure she fits in there. Then I built a little scenery using faux tree branch pieces, the self-made, now gesso painted trees and some pearls. As the last detail I added gesso and Mini Art Stones to a palette, mixed them together and thus created a snow paste to add here and there. Oh, and some splashes for the dome and character. We need to have a little bit of falling snow, too.

If you want to see more photos of the sample piece or a materials list, please see the announcement post here (link).


With this project I wish you all jolly Holidays or just lovely weekend if you don't celebrate! Thank you for stopping by today, all the best to you and yours!


Materials: Prima Marketing, Sinelli, J.K.Primeco, Tim Holtz




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...