03/06/2022

Tim Birds - a set of ATCs


Tweet, tweet! It's Friday and time for another process video! I was advertising this video last weekend during Kässäfestarit as I had my ATCs with me and gave those away during the event. One of the favorites were these little "Tim Birds"! The other reason for they being a favorite might have been the series size - eight cards. I usually make sets of four or three! 

For this video and project I wanted to play with my new supplies, them being the bird die and the fabric-like embossing folder. I was first thinking of doing a card, but as there were so many birds, I realized a set of ATCs would go nicer as I could then use many of the birdies. 

As you can see from the video below, I started by creating my own colored cardstock. I used a variety of blue Distress Oxides for the birds and a variety of browns for the "burlap". I then layered some Distress Inks on top, to highlight the colors and shapes. 


As you could see from the video, I also made little nests for the birds, to add a little something to the background and to draw the eye in. I used just natural twine for that, twisting it into a little ring. 

I really love the way these birdies are so expressive! They have edges and angles and that makes them interesting. I think I need to make either another set of ATCs with them or an art journal page. Or even better, both! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great start to the weekend! 


Materials used: 
Fabriano 160g cardstock 
Ranger Distress Oxide Vintage Photo, Wild Honey, Walnut Stain, Black Soot, Faded Jeans, Prize Ribbon, Peacock Feathers 
Ranger Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Hickory Smoke, Chipped Sapphire, Prize Ribbon, Blueprint Sketch 
Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black 
Sizzix Thinlits die set Silhouette Birds (665861) 
Sizzix Texture Fades embossing folder Woven (665768) 
Posca PC-1M white paint marker 
Idea-ology ephemera pack Number Strips (TH94222) 
Idea-ology sticker pad Chitchat (TH92998) 
natural twine









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...