02/06/2022

Maximum 3600 rpm - an art journal spread


The second of June already! The weather forecasts for this week aren't looking that summer like - it's raining most of the time! But maybe next week is better when the schools are closed for the summer and kids start their vacation? 

This is one spread I made during Kässäfestarit last weekend. If you follow my Instagram, you probably saw some shots of the event from the Stories. I was there demoing art journaling - or rather telling about art journaing and showing my process. This was the first spread I finished in the event. 

During the event I made pages starting from white cardstock. At home I might take a piece of patterned paper to start, too, or then a book page, but while demoing my first layer was always done on top of white 160g Fabriano cardstock. In this case I used white gesso to adhere some old book pages on top and primed the piece at the same time. Then I made some dimensional stenciling, added watercolors, made a flat layer with ink and stencil and then cut the sheet smaller to fit inside my journal. I stamped some details to be added to the background and also stamped the wings for the boy. I made the clusters with some playing card -styled pieces and tea bags. To finish the spread I used buttons and little Tim Holtz die cuts. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a jolly summer day! Stay safe everyone!


Materials: Prima Marketing, Ranger, Carabelle Studio, Tim Holtz, PaperArtsy




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...