06/06/2022

Mining engineer - A.B.Studio


Moikka and wonderful Monday and start to the new week! Today I'm sharing a project for A.B.Studio with you. I did it on top of a chipboard base and added gears and mechanics in a couple of ways. 

To let you in on a secret, I did two assemblage styled projects this month for A.B.Studio. This is the first. While this is grungy and tough, the other one is more delicate and sweet. When I was choosing the vintage photos for both, I deliberately chose a woman's photo for this one and a man for the other. When I saw her, I thought she would make a great mining engineer! If you ask why mining as there's gears in clocks, steam engines and cars, too, it's because of that candle. I saw the cartoon versions of the miners in my mind's eye with the candle stuck to their hardhats. So, that's why she's a mining engineer.

I started this piece by painting the chipboard pieces for the base with black gesso. Then I mounted a piece of patterned 12x12 on top of the bottom part and made a dimensional pattern there using a gear stencil and texture paste. I haphazardly then painted the top with a silver toned metallic paint and used that to color the small gears, too. 

For the main composition I mixed the little gears, some metal embellishments, a stamped piece of film and paper elements cut from the A.B.Studio papers. To make everything blend together I inked the edges with a brown ink.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a great, summery week!


Materials from A.B.Studio: 



Materials: A.B.Studio, Prima Marketing, PaperArtsy









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...