13/06/2022

Tell your story - an art journal spread


Hi there and wonderful Monday! Did you have a nice weekend? The weather here in Helsinki has been wonderful for the last four, five days. Sunshine and warmth, summer is here! 

This spread I made some weeks ago while demoing at Kässäfestarit. I was there showing art journaling and my way to art journal. Or how I like to say, clean my head. Because to me, there's very seldom a greater story to the spread or page. I seldom journal my day or feelings in it by using words, but more often it's my time to relax, to play, to enjoy the colors and mediums. 

This page started like so many others with just white cardstock where I collaged some old bookpaper pieces using gesso. Then there's texture paste, watercolors, splashes, washi tape, pencil marks etc. The focal points include a Tim Holtz paperdoll, a wax seal and some half pearls made using the sealing wax. That's who they match the colors perfectly! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Stay safe everyone and enjoy the week! May it be sunny for you, too! 


Materials: Prima Marketing, Carabelle Studio, Tim Holtz, Kuusade, Cricut, Paper Garden




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...