10/06/2022

Enchanted, she smiled - Paper Garden


Hi there and happy Friday! Today I have a new process video for you! This one is created for and using Paper Garden supplies. I drew inspiration from the Midsummer, which is here in a couple of weeks! 

Midsummer is a beloved celebration here in Finland. It's the day to celebrate light and nightless night. Originally it had its roots on pagan tradition, but was Christianized and named after John the Baptist. It's when Finnish people head out to parks, summer cottages and beaches to grill, to drink and be merry. It's also believed to be a magical night when you can see future in various omens and ways. 

I wanted to capture some of that Midsummer spell in my art journal spread. I used meadow flowers for the decoration as one of the Midsummer future spells is to gather seven different flowers in silence and place them underneath your pillow and you'll dream of your future partner. If you want to see how I made the spread, please see the video below.


As you could see, I used the stamp sheet as it is to stamp the text to the top of the page. The sheet is meant to be cut to individual stamps, but I love using it as a texture plate in a way, with all the different sayings and fonts mixed! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Ps. Don't forget the Finnish FB live tonight! It has just started!


Materials from Paper Garden:

PG Quote Stickers No 2 Concerning Elegance of Souls


Materials: Paper Garden, Tsukineko, Ranger





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...