04/03/2022

My Precious Tea - a set of ATCs


Heippa! Today it's Friday and that means a new process video on my YouTube channel. This time it's some ATCs with a special twist. 

Back in time, some 12 years ago, I was a starting scrapbooker. Somehow I came across this fabulous magazine called Scrap365. And what fun, they had calls for galleries! I'm not sure what came over me, but I thought to take part to a call and sent a picture of my project. To my huge surprise, they wanted to publish my piece! So I sent it over and then there was another call. Again I made a page and again, they wanted to publish that one as well. I was over the moon! Some pages later, this fantastic editor in chief called Katy contacted me and asked if I'd like to be on the design team for the magazine. It didn't need much pondering. After that I created numerous articles, projects and gallery pieces for the magazine. After some time Katy asked me to contribute to another magazine she was the editor for, Craft Stamper. And I've been a member of several other teams also by her.

I feel that I owe a lot to this lady. She's always believed in me and I feel that she's been a huge influence to where I am now. So, when she asked, if I'd like to do a project using some printables from her Etsy shop (link), naturally I was all in for it! Also, the printables she has are really cool and so up to my alley! 


For my first project using the printables I did some tea ATCs. I mean, if you look at the selection of her Etsy shop, and there's an item with "Tea Lover" in the name, what else can I do than to use it! The printable is actually ATC backs, but I fell in love with the tea cups and used those as my focal point. I knew I'd use tea tones (aka browns) in the background, so I wanted something that would pop from that neutral. I chose to go with kind of iconic china coloring - white and blue. I used just a blue brush tip marker to color the details. You can see that also from the process video underneath! 


As you could see from the video, I used a piece of an actual tea bag in the background. It's on top of another printable, a vintage styled ATC sized piece. I cut the pieces a bit smaller so I could frame them with a kraft colored piece of cardstock. I also added some tea colored stenciling in the background. When adding the embossing powder on top, it also partly locked the tea bag in place.

The third printable I used in these, as you could see from the video, was the texts. They are cut from a sheet called "Authentic You". The sentiments are wonderful and encouraging but I picked texts that could apply to tea as well. Like "stronger than yesterday" or "irreplaceable" - yes I'm a tea addict. Also, it's kind of a habit of mine to make a pot of black tea when I start crafting, thus the "my own muse". 

Thank you for stopping by today! I wish you a wonderful weekend! Stay safe!


Fox and Found Studio printables used:



Materials: Fox and Found Studio, Sinelli, Ranger






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...