04/02/2022

Pink horses to my friend - a quick card


Hi there and happy Friday! As it's Friday, I have a process video for you today! This time it's a quick and easy one with a Valentine inspired card. The twist in the card is the medium I used. Apart from the embossing powder and ink I used to stamp the horse, the only other medium in use are craft store bought brush tip markers!

You've probably read this from a number of mixed media persons, but it's same with me - I love to see what my tools can do. Don't let yourself to be totally limited by the things they are designed to do. Push the envelope and see what else you can come up with. Like these markers - you can color and draw with those, but with added water you can also use them for painting and stamping! Just take a look at the video below. 


The Lynne Perrella horse is really striking and needed just a little bit of decoration and background. As you could see from the video, I used same colors throughout the make to keep it cohesive. Just a couple of stickers in addition to the stamped image and mixed media touches on the background.

This isn't a traditional Valentine, but I still like it. And what makes it useful that it ain't a straight forward Valentine - I can send it to a friend any time! 

Thank you for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Materials: PaperArtsy, Ranger, Tsukineko, Tim Holtz, Sinelli





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...