03/01/2022

Comin' Up 40 - GDT CSI 378


Hello there and happy new year 2022! Let's hope it's going to be the best one yet! I'm starting the year with something fun, a little trip down the memory lane. 

Back in the past, from November 2012 to May 2014 to be precise, I was a member of the CSI design team. It's a scrapbooking challenge by Debbi Tehrani. The challenge has a Case File with scene, evidence, topic and color scheme. Then you make a scrapbooking layout using the Case File as your inspiration. And there's an abundance of it! 

This January CSI is celebrating its 10th birthday and past members, retired detectives, were invited to take part to the cases. Of course I jumped to the opportunity as I remember how fun it was to tackle the Case Files! So, during the January I'm participating to the two challenges - this Case File 378 and the other January one, Case File 379. If you want to take part or read more about the challenge, here's the link to the January Case File reveal (link).


I'm turning 40 this year. It feels a bit strange, that number, but otherwise I'm OK with it. Like I wrote in the journaling, I don't feel one bit like 40 but I guess that's how it's supposed to be. On the other hand, I have no idea how it should feel. 

To emphasize the theme of 4 and 0, I used these numbers in the layout. Like there's the four od spades peeking behind the photo and both 4 and 0 stamped to the background. I used the challenge and Case File in the traditional way, checking the stated Evidence and Testimony as that was the way the Case Files were used back in the day. Nowadays you can draw the inspiration more freely, if you like, but there's the Evidence and Testimony still evolved should you want more precise inspiration.

When doing the DT layouts back in the day, I usually tried to incorporate as many of the Evidence as I could. It was a fun game for me and sparked new inspiration usually. So, this time wasn't any different. I tried to incorporate many of the Evidence things to the page. I listed the ones I used below, if you want to read. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Stay safe and wishing you a wonderful first full week of 2022!


Evidence: solid papers, floral pattern, textured paper, hearts, numbers, clocks, circles, cards, gold, flowers, stencils
Topic: Document a birthday


Materials: A.B.Studio, Lawn Fawn, Prima Marketing, Sinelli, American Crafts, Ranger, Carabelle Studio, Gummiapan



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...