31/12/2021

Sealed Wishes for 2022 - Paper Garden


Hello there and happy new year! ...or almost. As today is Friday, that means a new process video project and I wanted something fitting to the change of the year. I made this journal cover as a member of the Paper Garden design team and recorded a process video, which you can see a bit further down the post. 

My old journals are filling up so I thought opening a new journal for 2022 would be nice. Instead of making the first page I decided to decorate the cover and then thought about how to include some wishes for the new year in it. I used some different Paper Garden paper goodies in the cover but as you can see, followed a color scheme with old paper tones and blues. Those are kind of my "go to" palette, but recently I've found myself doing more red projects! So strange as I usually steer heavily away from red!


As you can see from the video below, I started by painting the kraft colored cover with white gesso. My point wasn't cover the whole thing but to light it up a little. Then on top I collaged different paper pieces before adding some stamping, paint splashes and the central cluster to the cover. If you wish to see how the cover was made, please see the video below!


As you could see from the video, I slipped some wishes for 2022 inside the envelope. What would you write there? What do you wish for during 2022?

All the best to you and yours! And Happy New Year 2022! Thank you for stopping by today!


Materials from Paper Garden: 



Materials: Paper Garden, LinChia Ning, Prima Marketing, Kuusade, Ranger



1 comment:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Aivan ihanat talviset värit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...