27/08/2021

Inventor, who became curiouser and curiouser - Paper Garden


Hi there and happy Friday! Today I'm sharing a project I did for Paper Garden. It's a mixed media tag with a shaker dome. As often with Paper Garden projects, I recorded a little process video while working on the tag. You can see that a bit further down.

I wanted to have a fun, collaged background for this piece. I often start with old book paper, but this time I wanted something a bit different. So, I rummaged through my Paper Garden stash and realized there was quite a bunch of postal stamps there. While those on their own could have been too busy with different colors and motifs, I knew that white gesso would save the situation! There’s still some of the pattern and shape showing underneath, but with the gesso layer on top, they work wonderfully together.


My first idea with the shaker dome was to make it represent a lamp being lit when an idea hits the inventor. In the end I stylized this quite a lot so you can decide if it’s a halo, an idea lightbulb or something totally different. I used two different gold colored mediums inside, regular and glass glitter, and added two mini cogs or gears in there as well.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you an inventive day!


Materials from Paper Garden:



Materials: Paper Garden, Prima Marketing, SnipArt, We R Memorykeepers, Ranger, Tim Holtz






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...