31/08/2021

Find Your Balance - Finnabair Brand Ambassador


Hiya and happy Tuesday! Today I'm sharing my project for the August Finnabair Brand Ambassador Cafe. You can see the original post here (link)

Some months back I did an altered tin with a magical forest inside. So, when I read the theme of something altered, I wanted to use it as an excuse to create another tin. That of course set the limitations to the natural object as it needed to be small enough to fit inside the tin.

I love the sea and I could stare to the horizon for hours. Or scavenge treasures from the sand. One of the highlights of my trips to Norway and Denmark have been to see the wide-open sea. Finland is at bottom of a gulf so while there can be rough sea at times, it’s nothing compared to the Atlantic Ocean. Me and my daughters loved poking around the sand in Esbjerg, Denmark and I carefully wrapped a piece of a tiny crab shell I found to several napkins to get it home safely. That piece lies amid other sea treasures near my craft table.


There’s two natural elements here – a piece from what I think is an oyster shell in the left side and half of a blue mussel shell on the right. The shell piece is from Esbjerg for sure, but I think the blue mussel shell is from Finnish waters. Or the latter can also be bought from a grocery store many years ago, when I needed a shell to make a cast for embellishing a headdress. The man behind the grocery store counter took a funny look at me when I asked to buy one mussel. In the end, he gave me two mussels for free.

The tin has a lovely turquoise blue lid, which I echoed inside as well. I painted the inside first black to have a shade-like base color. On top I then layered lace, tissue paper and found objects. I colored the tin with several Metallique paints, diluting them with water and Soft Body gel. I also added some sparkle, like the light playing on the waves, using blue glitter and micro beads. Same glitter along with some pale blue beads is inside the little bottle, nesting in the care of the mussel shell.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday! 


Materials:

Art Ingredients Micro Beads Splash








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...