01/09/2021

I'm new, free your mind - an art journal spread


Heippa! At first I wasn't really going to blog this spread. It was a result of "free your mind" one night, just needing to do something, switch off my thoughts for a while. But then I thought that maybe that angle needed to be shown. I mean, I'm quite sure that most of us crafters do projects that are not shared anywhere, that are just for you, just for stress relief or self care. 

In my mind that has become more and more a path for art journaling. Or maybe I have started to notice it more as it has always been there. But I do these kinds of pages every now and then. I have no idea in my head and I just want to dip my hands into paints. This journal spread was just that kind of thing and I don't even have recollection what mediums I used. I think there's watercolors, crayons, collaging, acrylic paints, pencil swirls, splashes, stenciling... In a way my "more is more" approach. But this time it was different. In a way, I shut myself from listening the project and letting it guide me, but rather just wanted to layer, play and be satisfied whatever was the end result. 

As I then choose to blog the spread, I did one addition to it to make it more "finished". I added the cut out texts to the pages. "I'm new. Louisa sighed. This is not how she was expecting it to be, she thought, this Winchester life."

Do you use crafting as a way to meditate or as a means of self care? 

Thank you for stopping by today! 


Materials: Cricut, Prima Marketing, Aladine







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...