29/10/2020

Concerning Beauty - Paper Garden


Heippa! Today I'm sharing an art journal spread which I did for Paper Garden. I recorded a video while I was working with the page. Usually my videos are about 5 minutes long but this time the video ended up being over 9 minutes! I guess it’s due to all the layers I built to the background. 

I started the page by taping together two sheets cut to correct size. This is how I was able to make the design continue seamlessly from one sheet to the next. In a later state I then cut the sheets apart and adhered them to opposite pages of my journal, but it was easier to work first like they were just one sheet. On the other hand, pre-cutting and taping the sheets makes it easier to cut the two apart later than working on a bigger sheet in the first place. 


I tried to capture an autumn feeling of loss and withing in the page by using pale smokey blue and grey tones in the page. I also included some rusty colored ferns in there. Let me know what kind of feelings you get from the page! 

Thank you for stopping by today! 


Materials from Paper Garden: 

Prima Marketing Art Basics Clear Gesso
Vintage papers from Paper Garden 
Sheets from Paper Garden monthly subscription boxes


Materials: Paper Garden, Prima Marketing, Aladine






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...