19/08/2020

Gossamer Wings - Sizzix


On gossamer wings
she gathers her sweet nectar
to share with others
- James Milstid

Hiya there! It seems that I have been on an ATC quest lately as I'm again sharing a set of ATCs! This time I made some with bees. 

I made the cards almost ready and then started to ponder about the words to include them. I wanted it to have some sort of story so I actually googled for poems or haikus with bees and found the one I added to the top of the post, a haiku by James Milstid. I picked a word from each line and included that to my card. Thus they are "Wings", "Sweet" and "Share".

I took step photos of my making of the cards and you can see those below! 


Step 1. First I cut my elements for the cards. I used Thinlits "Bee" die set to cut the bees. I cut two smaller ones and one big. The solid parts are cut from cream cardstock and the top layer from black. I then used markers to color the center of the solid part warm orange and added few touches of pale blue to the wing parts. I also cut some honeycomb using Thinlits "Hexagons" die set. The solid parts on the left are the ATC bases (warm yellow) and centers (kraft). 


Step 2. Next I adhered the base and center layer for the cards together using double sided tape. Then I added some white gesso and orange acrylic paint on top using a silicone brush.


Step 3. More layers to the background! On top of the paint layer I stamped some text and a big sunflower using Julie Hickey Designs stamps. Then I cut the hexagon part cut from mat gold cardstock from the Surfacez Opulent cardstock pack Gold to pieces and attached those to my cards using a stapler.


Step 4. As I had the golden honey theme already going with the hexagon, I added some more in the form of golden acrylic paint. While that paint layer was still wet I sprinkled some of the smaller sequins on top. I mixed two of the Making Essentials Sequins and Beads pack - "Gold" and "Limoncello".


Step 5. To add even more sparkle to the cards I threaded some beads from the two sets and some other as well to thin wire. I then wrapped the wire around the cards.


Step 6. Before adding the bees to my cards, I added some embossing powders on top. I inked the bees, drizzled some golden embossing powder on top and then covered the bees with clear powder. After melting there was just a hint of gold in each bee, kind of speckles of gold. I used foam dots to adhere the bees to my ATCs.


Step 7. To finish the cards I typed the texts using my mom's old typewriter and added some of the bigger sequins from the Making Essentials sets.

These as well as all my other ATCs are free for grabs or swaps! Please just send me an email, if you wish to receive one. 

Thank you for stopping by today!


Materials: 
662517 - Thinlits Hexagons die set

  






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...