18/11/2019

Tin foil heart - Savvy Supply School challenge ATC


It's Monday! Today I'm sharing the third and last ATC I created for the Savvy Supply School challenge! I hope you have joined in the fun as the prizes are really great! If you'd like to learn more about the workshop and challenge, please see this earlier post (link)

This ATC was shared at Mixed Up Creatives Facebook group on Friday (link). It's again a simple, fun technique using household item and acrylics. You can see the video here (link).


I’ve used this trick with either kitchen foil or aluminium tape so long that I’ve forgotten where I first caught the idea. I think it’s connected to the early days when I started crafting and saw a Tim Holtz embossing folder with a riveted metal sheets kind of pattern. I didn’t have a die cutting and embossing machine back then, so, I started to think how to get the look without the folder and machine. My father is a carpenter and a diy person, so we had some aluminium tape at home. I soon realized that when you push a hole to the surface and add paint on top, the look is somehow similar to the riveted plate even though the direction is opposite. 

In this technique a touch of elasticity is required. The material you are patterning needs to give in a little so you can draw the lines of the plates with a grill stick or a knitting needle. You also need the material to be soft enough you can puncture the rivet holes to it. That’s why I used a piece of cardboard instead of a piece of cardstock in this card.

The last touch to the surface in this technique comes from the black paint. Without it the holes look just holes and the surface is usually looking too shiny. When you add the paint on top, let it dry for a while and then wipe some of it away, you are tricking the eye to believe the surface to be something it’s not. The look transforms into old and worn with a simple addition of colour!

Thank you for stopping by today! If you haven't already, get your spot to Savvy Supply School early enough as the seats are limited! You can purchase the workshop here (link) and please use the code RKSSS20 to get a 20% discount! And please join in the challenge as well, you still have some time! 

Have a great start to the new week!


Materials: Prima Marketing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...