05/08/2019

Peaceful Summer Night Story - Paper Garden


Moikka! Today I'm sharing a project I did for Paper Garden. This time the beautiful flower pages of an herbarium inspired me, and I did some ATCs using them. You could use these as a part of your journal or then scale the techniques a bit bigger and do a journal page instead. 

I started by cutting bases for ATCs out of kraft colored cardstock. The measurements are 2½x3½”. But naturally, if you are doing an insert to your page or a gift tag, you can use any size substrate. Then I covered the background with the vintage treasures from Paper Garden. I just love the color of the old papers, their fonts and design. What I adore the most, however, are the handwritten elements that the Receipt bundle has! Absolutely gorgeous. 


Before moving to the layers coming on top, I covered the surface with Soft Gloss Gel. Even though I used just double sided tape to adhere the pieces, I wanted the surface to have a sort of lacquer before moving forward. The soft body gel medium is perfect for that! I used the glossy version of the medium, but if you prefer the mat look, Soft Matte Gel is as perfect. On top I then added some paint and then carried on with the embellishments. If you wish to see how the little cards were made, please see the video below! 


Even though the main element of the cards are the flowers, I added another key element to them. That’s the tiny story running across the four cards. “But when the day’s hustle and bustle is done, now on a peaceful summer night, all nature seemed at play, when the family assembled for Sunday dinner, and the Lady suddenly missed her pearls.” It’s not the most fluent one, but paints a picture, I hope. Like an English crime novel or mystery. The lines are taken out of T.S. Eliot’s book “Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats”. I really like to make such short stories on my cards or journals, using the lines and words of existing stories, but turning them into something new! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely day, filled with stories!


Materials from Paper Garden:



Materials: Paper Garden, Prima Marketing








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...