14/05/2019

For the Love of Old Things - 7 Dots Studio


Hi there! I'm sharing my 7 Dots Studio monthly project today. It's a grungy, tea-colored layout. Or maybe I should say brass colored as the background of this page has a metal shine like the contraption in the photo. 

I’ve had the photo in my stash for a while. I don’t even remember anymore what the thing in the photo actually was, but the shot is taken inside a submarine at Tallinn Maritime Museum. I think it’s from the periscope, but I can be wrong. I just loved the look of the thing! My husband was actually joking about that I probably would have liked to pack most of the interior parts to my suitcase, bring them home and alter them! 


I started making the page by choosing some papers that went with the color theme and had similar air about them than the photo. I ended up cutting quite a few papers into smaller elements for the page in the end – the background elements, the title, the layers behind the photo… All of these are cut from a 12x12 sheet! I even cut an element out of one of the stickers! I usually don’t do that much cutting, but these elements were easy enough to cut loose and they fitted the theme so well. If you want to know how I made the layout, please see the video underneath! 


Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you liked the video! 


Materials from 7 Dots Studio:

Air Mail – Postage Notes stencil
Cotton Candy Dreams – Star stencil 
Soulmates – Squares mask 
Homegrown – Clear stamp set 
Nature Walk – Clear stamp set


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Ranger






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...