11/05/2019

Game On - Art Daily Cafe



Moikka! Today to share a project with you with this month’s Art Daily Cafe theme “Simple Pleasures” (link). The theme sparked ideas immediately. But I decided to abandon my two first ones because they seemed too obvious. The first two were tea and chocolate. Where I have done several layouts about tea, I haven’t done a project inspired by chocolate but still that seemed too general and not personal enough.


Creating is also a huge pleasure for me. I love to immerse into the project and let it lead me. I enjoy to play with colors, mediums and textures. A simple thing like putting some ink or paint to a piece of paper really can make my day. This pleasure of creating was more personal, but still something was lacking. 

Then I started to think from another angle, thinking about more of our family than just me. And I realized that board games would make a great fit! They are something both my girls and me enjoy and my husband tolerates. A game of Cluedo, Ticket to Ride or simple memory is a fun way to spend some time together. 

I wanted the page itself be a simple one as well. So, while I first thought about including game pieces into the page, in the end I went with flatter layers. I happened to have some stamps with game pieces, so I used those together with some Art Daily stamps. I used the stamps in the background but also made some “patterned paper” with those and the focal image. Other wise than that, the page has some washi tapes, mint colored acrylic paint and pen work. Really easy peasy page!


Have you thought about the theme yet - what’s your “simple pleasure”? Do you share mine - about board games and family time – or chocolate or maybe tea? Have you done a project about it? If you are looking for inspiration, I mentioned earlier that I’ve done several projects about tea. If you’d like to take a peek at those, here’s a link to a layout (link), to a card I colored with tea (link) and to an “Inspired By” post (link) me and Marsha Valk used to do each month.

Thank you for stopping by today! 


Materials: 

Art Daily Album
Art Daily Carte Postale stamp set
Art Daily Secret Diary washi set
Art Alchemy Impasto acrylic paint Jade


Materials: Prima Marketing, AALL & Create, Ranger





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...