22/02/2019

Spring bear - Sizzix


There was really surprising news in the newspaper some weeks ago. The bears in the local zoo had already woken up and were playing in the snow! I had made this happy little bear with the flowers earlier, but thought to call him "spring bear" because of the incident. The colorful home decor piece is done for Sizzix UK (link).


I used quite a few dies in the making of this little framed thing. I die cut two stencils of my own, the other with the lace like border from the "Borders" die set and other with the alphabets from the "Mixed Media #6" die set. I used the "Stencil Film" for them. I cut a postcard sized piece of the teal colored cardstock, added a piece of old book on top. I then applied some gesso and then layered the stenciled layers on top. 

I made the bear using "Animal Portraits" die set. The main part of the bear is cut from kraft cardstock, details from other colors from the "Cardstock pack". I also used the cardstock sheets for the flower field the bear is peeking from. The flowers are cut using "Pretty Posey" and "Sunflower" die sets. 

I then layered everything together and added the finished piece to a picture frame. It now sits in my craft space (link) as a little reminder of upcoming spring and makes me smile. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a jolly day! 


Materials used from Sizzix: 

662508 - Thinlits Sunflower die set


Materials: Sizzix, Ranger, Prima Marketing, 7 Dots Studio



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...