12/02/2019

Magic in Fairytales - 7 Dots Studio


Hello there! Are you having a magical February? At least that’s the feeling I get when I look at the current 7 Dots Studio challenge mood board! There’s sparks and glimmer and feeling of stories unfolding. You can see the mood board below here and take part in the challenge here (link) at 7 Dots Studio blog.


I wanted to capture that same feeling to my layout and did a page out the magical realms you can find in books. The photo I used is somewhat old, back in the day when my older one started reading books by her own. We’ve always read the kids bedtime story. We started with children’s books but for quite some time we’ve moved to fantasy novels and similar. We hope that the kids will pick up the magic of the books! 

I used “Knitted” paper as my background inspired by the photo situated bottom center of the mood board. That photo really reminded me of Northern Lights collection. I included a torn piece of a map on top of the background paper, kind of guiding through the books or as a source to plan new trips. I continued the color scheme of the mood board in my choice of stickers, tags, papers and mediums. I also mimicked the glimmer in the board by using shiny mediums and glitter. A touch of magic and sparkle! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Hopefully the mood board inspires you as much as it did me! 


Materials from 7 Dots Studio:

Fortune-teller – Dots stencil
Homegrown – Clear stamps 
Northern Lights – Die Cut Elements 6x12 
Dreamscapes – Word Stickers 


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, American Crafts




1 comment:

Armiida said...

Aivan ihana. Värit ja kaikki.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...