14/12/2018

How I love thee - Mixed Up Creative


Howdy hi! It's again that Fri-yay time and soon it's weekend! I bet this time of the year you might be doing everything else during weekends than creating, but just in case you get a chance to create, there's a new challenge at 7 Dots Studio running (link) and then of course the Art Daily inspirations available (link)

This piece I'm sharing today was created for Mixed Up Creative (link) to demonstrate a couple of ways to use stencils. The project was published on August 17th. If you are not familiar with Mixed Up Creative yet, it's an online learning platform with projects added every week. Most of these have a step by step or a video tutorial! There's now over 190 projects in the site. Most of the content in Mixed Up Creative is exclusive for members. Learn more about Mixed Up Creative and become a member here (link)


In the page I tried to think outside of the box and use stencils in other ways than just applying paste or ink to a page. At least that is the most common way I use stencils! I did add ink in this layout, but also used stencils in three other ways. Can you spot all of them? Naturally that's not even half of the things you can do with stencils. I actually explored stencils more in my December Masterclass article on Craft Stamper. 

The theme (counting ways to use stencils) got me inspired to do a page about my darling husband - counting the ways I love him. He's always so supportive and sweet. I didn't include the journaling to the front of the page this time, but I guess you get the idea what's it about.


By the way, if you haven't joined the YouTube hop already, it's starting to be the last chance to do so! Please check this post for all the links to the channels participating and naturally for the prizes as well (link). May the Lady Luck be on your side! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful start to the weekend! 


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Ranger, Prima Marketing, Tape Garden, A Flair for Buttons, Echo Park




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...