16/11/2018

Two peas in a pod - 7 Dots Studio


Hello there! It’s Fri-yay and I'm blogging the piece I did for 7 Dots Studio (link) this month. It's a layout and process video how I made it! The topic of the page are my two munchkins, my two daughters. 

I started the page by adding the stamps I cut from the “Priority” onto another 12x12 sheet. While I love the stamp design, I thought that as its own it was too bold and powerful and with this layering I could tone it down a little. I also added some mediums on top to blend the design more into the background and add my own touch to the page. If you want to see how I made the page, please see the video below.


The topic of the page, like I said earlier, are my two daughters. How they are so similar but yet so different. On some occasions and things, they are like two peas in a pod but differ in others. But whenever the other one is in trouble or needs help, they stick together. I love to see the bond between them and see how it bends and stretches as teens are approaching. As they are growing I added the “let your inner child out” text in there as there’s no hurry for them to be grown up or act that way. Luckily they are still kids and acting as kids, but there’s a change in the air. 

Thank you for your time! I'm wishing a splendid weekend for you! And I hope to see you at Suomen Kädentaidot if you are around Tampere!  


Materials from 7 Dots Studio:

Cotton Candy Dreams – Clear Stamps 
Homegrown – Clear Stamps


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, A Flair for Buttons, Ranger





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...