24/11/2018

Paint the sky with stars - GDT Paper Garden


Moikka! A special treat today, too! The three previous projects I've blogged have all been with a video and this is no exception. A fourth one in a row! This altered cover is done as a guest project for Paper Garden (link).

This was my second last guest project. This and the last project make a pair of some sort. They are similar in ways but yet so different in others. Both of the projects have similar mediums in use but differ in color – the other one is pale and subtle, the other one, as you can see, dark with deep colors. If you want to see them both already, please visit Paper Garden blog (link)


This project is constructed on top of an old book cover. A cover is perfect for this kind of assemblage as it’s sturdy enough to hold the weight of the embellishments and moisture of the mediums. I love to do assemblages as I can then play with different embellishments and add stories with them to my crafts. For example, in this piece I used some old paintbrushes as the layering elements. 

If I’d need to choose art mediums to take with me to a deserted island, I think one of them would be gel medium and other black gesso. I just love how the black background makes the colors shine! In this cover I played with shiny acrylic paints from the Finnabair line. There’s a Metallique paint in there but also two Opal Magic ones, which are special. They change their color according to the surface color they are painted onto. No wonder they are called “magic”! 

Like with previous projects, I recorded a video of my process. This shows you how I made the composition, what I then added to the mix and even how some of the Opal Magic paints react. 


I hope you liked the video! If you have any questions, please add a comment to the post or email me.

Thank you so much for your visit today! Wishing you a splendid weekend! Have a great Saturday!


Materials used:



Materials: Prima Marketing, Sizzix





1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hello! Love your work. I have a question. I made a piece of artwork with pictures, metal and paper embellishments. Is their a seal I can spray in it to protect it and preserve it all from dust? I have it in a frame but without glass. I have searched google but didn’t find any specific to mixed media. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...