16/09/2018

Metallic "Hello" cards - Wow Embossing Powder


Moikka! Happy Sunday! Today I'm sharing a project I did for Wow Embossing Powder this month. I know you are going to be surprised by it! Not only I made a minimalist card but with a video! I usually do my Wow tutorials with step by steps, so this was the first of its kind!


I wanted to keep things a bit simpler this time with the metallic theme. Naturally I could have created something like the canvas I did back in October last year (link), but I had this idea of painted glass windows I wanted to try out. I used a transparency as my base and started layering different powders on top. The key element is the transparency - it needs to cope with warmth so something meant for laser printing is ideal.

By using a stylized stamp and black embossing powder as the first medium and then delicately filling in the design with colored powders you could create something like the famous Rose Window of Notre Dame. And if you only use translucent powders when coloring, you could even skip the gesso in the back and just let the light shine through the piece.

If you wish to see, how I made the orange card, please see the video below! 


As you can see from the first picture of this post and the detail shots, I did another card also. For that I used the pieces that were left over when making the first card. It's a "waste none" style creation and creates a totally different look than the one with just one block of embossed transparency. 

If you were inspired by the creation and wish to add to your stash of Wow powders and supplies, I have a lovely code for you! By using "WOWDTRK" at check out in either the UK or US store, you'll get a 10% off! Isn't that nice? So use the links below to get shopping!

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a colorful September Sunday and great start to the new week! 


Materials from Wow:



Materials: Wow Embossing Powder, Sizzix, 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...