20/08/2018

Air Mail ATCs - 7 Dots Studio


Moikka! Today I'm to share a set of ATCs using the wonderful “Air Mail” collection by 7 Dots Studio. The post is done as an ambassador for the brand. I just love the color scheme of the "Air Mail" collection and the patterns. Vintage papers, old handwritten texts and shades of tea always speak to me.


Besides the wonderful collection, the inspiration to these ATCs came from the text stickers. Quite early on I chose two sayings which would make a good little story and then cut them so that the tale is running across the four cards. “A journey for the soul” and “sealed with a kiss” seemed a good pair, allowing room for imagination and maybe even sparking inspiration. 

I chose to use a piece of kraft paper as the background for these ATCs. On top I added alcohol markers using the same color palette as the “Air Mail” tags. As paper is porous surface, using alcohol markers or inks isn’t straight forward as they are developed for non-porous surfaces. The trick is to add a layer of gesso or gel underneath, which blocks the ink from being absorbed into paper.

If you want to see how I made the cards, please watch the video I recorded for you! 


Thank you for your visit today! Have a great start to the new week!


Materials from 7 Dots Studio: 

Writer’s Block – Letters Stencil








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...