17/08/2018

Mermaid cover - Prima Marketing


I love the sea! The horizon is so calming and the constant movement of the waves soothes and inspires at the same time. I also find mermaids intriguing and inspiring. So, for a mermaid post over at Prima blog (link) I did a mermaid embellished journal. Please see the blog for more mermaid inspiration from the design team!


I thought adding a mermaid on top of my Traveler’s Journal cover would always inspire me to do something to the book and experiment. I used a Julie Nutting stamp to make the body of the mermaid and a vintage photo styled ephemera piece to make the face. I stamped the mermaid pieces on top of an old book page and added some Modeling Paste on top of the tail piece to make scale texture to it. I adhered the mermaid parts to the cover using Soft Matte Gel.

The background of the cover is done using Impasto paints. I first primed the cover using white gesso and then painted the colors on top and added some stencil layers, too. I then added some stamping on top.


Naturally I needed to add some sparkle to the otherwise matte cover and what would be better fit than “Mermaid Sparkle” Sparks paint!

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a sweet day and great start to the weekend!


Materials: 

592578 – PTJ Starter Journal set Champagne 
912598 – JN stamps and dies Merbaby 
964085 – Art Alchemy Sparks Mermaid Sparkle acrylic paint 
964641 – Impasto acrylic paint Cobalt 
964634 – Impasto acrylic paint Azure 
964627 – Impasto acrylic paint Jade 
964542 – Impasto acrylic paint Pumpkin 
961350 – Modeling Paste 
961428 – Soft Matte Gel 
961374 – Heavy Gesso White 
961268 – Honeycomb stencil 
962067 – Now is the Right Time stamp set 
961848 – Cheesy stamp 
960964 – Book stamp 
961077 – Mechanicals Vintage Centers 
960322 – Mechanicals Mini Flowers 
962890 – Vintage Collectibles Ephemera 


Materials: Prima Marketing, Posca



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...