22/06/2018

Love x2 - Sizzix


Sweet Midsummer's Eve! Here's a little layout I created for Sizzix that shows two of something I love in the photo - tea and the amazing artwork by Hokusai. Actually you could tie even more lovely things to the photo as it's taken in London, inside British Museum with me wearing some great leather wrist bands and the photo also shows a peek of the paperclip tattoo I love. 

I wanted the page to reflect the topic and thus used tea colored browns and neutrals as well as china blues while making it. I also chose the dies with oriental vibe for the layout. The "Waves" die was a must for this so I used it to make a stencil to myself and added the china blue to the background through it.


On top of the waves I then added the photo cluster where I used the "Antique Doily" die cut piece of white cardstock to remind about tea time. One of the main inspiration sources for the page was also the "Bird of Paradise" die which in the end is a bit hidden in the final page. But it had just the right phoenix feel to it so needed to be included. I also used the "Frames" die set to cut some hearts and circles with heart shape as decorations for the page. 

The title of the page is actually done using three different die sets. The word "Love" is done using the "Valentine" set, the X is from the "Delicate Letters" and the number 2 from the "Brush Numbers". I really like combining different die sets in my crafts - the same that I do with paper collections, too! Mixing and matching is the best I know after mixed media touches! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a splendid Midsummer and light nights!  

Ps. As always, I added all the dies and Sizzix supplies with link below here. While doing so, I noticed that several dies were on discount at Sizzix site! Just saying... hint hint! 


Materials from Sizzix:



Materials: Sizzix, 7 Dots Studio, Ranger, Prima Marketing

1 comment:

Sari K said...

Upea sivu! Ja, upea kuva!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...