23/06/2018

Memory of a licorice - Prima Marketing


Moikka and sweet Midsummer - ihanaa juhannusta! Here's a layout I did to Prima Marketing and that was blogged in the company blog some days ago (link). The page comes with a video and some tips, so, please, keep on reading!

I love to document the life of my two daughters. Usually it’s me choosing the things I record in my pages and kind of document them through my point of view. But this time it was my older daughter who sparked the page with a memory of her own! 


We were visiting a Finnish candy factory and she ate quite a few of these Moomin licorice while in there. I thought she just liked the taste of them, which was partly true, but she also remembered that one time when she was little, about three years or a bit more, daddy had such a licorice with him while he picked her up from day care. Even my husband didn’t remember the occasion, but it had imprinted in her memory! Naturally it was a thing that needed documenting!

If you want to see how I made the page, please see the video below. 


As the tips I shared last time in my video post for Prima (link) seemed to be popular, I thought to add them to the post again. To see the tips, just keep on reading, they are here below. 

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you liked the post! Have a great Saturday and Sunday, everyone! 


Tip 1: Don’t look for the perfect photo! Naturally some topics and things need the best possible photo, but for example in this page the point is the story, not the photo. I used a Instax camera to capture a moment and used the shot even though my daughter has half closed eyes in it. It’s about the story, the memory, the atmosphere. 


Tip 2: Snip in two. If you are a frugal scrapper, cutting embellishments in two or more parts might be page turner. By cutting some stickers and flowers for example in half, you double the embellishments you have! Naturally this depends on the composition, too.


Tip 3: Add ephemera. If your layout is about a product, place or something similar, think about adding something from that place. Scrapping a day at the beach? Add a sea shell! Scrapping about favorite restaurant? Add a calling card or add! Little things might make the page more personal and document a piece of history as well.


Tip 4: One medium, multiple uses. As I show in the video, you can use watercolors in stamping. Explore your mediums and think outside of the box what you can do with them. The more techniques you have in your repertoire, the easier it is to create a page, even with a few supplies!


Materials: 

848699 – Vintage Floral The Good News 
848705 – Vintage Floral The Countdown 
846462 – Amelia Rose Dotty 
630119 – Lavender 6x6 Pad 
961466 – Clear Gesso 
590253 – Watercolor Confections Pastel Dreams 
584269 – Watercolor Confections Tropicals 
562854 – Upper Case Canvas Alpha Sticker Engraver 
562939 – Canvas Alpha Stickers Engraver 
993207 – Amber Moon Ephemera 
912345 – Julie Nutting Pen Set 
596682 – Amelia Rose Circle Stickers 
584160 – 6x6 Paintable Pad Tales of You and Me 
593247 – MPP Good Vibes Ephemera 
961893 – Messy Clear stamp 
960902 – Circles Clear Stamp 
596781 – Color Philosophy Permanent Ink Chat Noir 


Materials: Prima Marketing, Fazer


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...