19/10/2017

The Days of Autumn - Wow Embossing Powder


"The days of autumn are translucent
painted on the forest’s golden ground - -"
- Edith Södergran, "The Days of Autumn", 1916

Hello there! I started this post with a quote from my favorite poet, Finnish Edith Södergran. She's a fascinating character and her poems are really beautiful and full of longing. These few words fitted my project so well that I wanted to include them here. 

Today I'm sharing an autumn canvas I did for Wow Embossing Powder (link). It's inspired by this month's challenge theme, triple embossing (link). The background holds two different ways of that technique. There's stamping to the triple embossed surface in two ways. I also treated some of the embellishments with embossing powders and created some sparkling roses to the piece as well. Want to know how I made it? Please see the steps in the original Wow post (link)

 

This canvas celebrates the autumn. What I love about this season are the colors and also the anticipation. The winter is drawing nearer and after that comes a new spring. I really love the velvet nights of autumn, the crackle of the leaves under my step and golden glow of the last rays of the setting sun. This canvas consists some of those elements - the golden hues, the leaves and last flowers of the summer. 


As you can see from the project and the picture above, you can stamp into the hot, melted embossing powder with other items than stamps. Just be careful as the item might get stuck! Adding the embossing ink to the item before stamping eases a little but also bear in mind, that the item needs to stand the heat! 

I wish a colorful and fantastic autumn with this project! 


Materials from Wow:



Materials: Wow Embossing Powder, Prima Marketing, Ranger

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...