04/05/2017

Dreamer of dreams - 7 Dots Studio


Hello there! How are you today? Today I'm sharing my first of two monthly projects done for 7 Dots Studio. These are done with older collections, still, but I can't wait to start using the fabulous new ones! You can see the new collections here - first Dreamscapes (link) and then Hazy Days (link). And if you wish to see both of the projects I did for 7 Dots Studio already, please visit the original post here (link)

 

While I was looking for the inspiration for this month’s crafts I noticed how I had several brown sheets of the collections unused. As a challenge for myself, I decided to go with those but to add color in the mix and not to go with a vintage palette. 

As the background is really strong chocolate brown, it need an opaque medium to cover and bring the color. I didn’t want to go with my usual route of gesso + color but instead grabbed some oil pastels and colored the background using those. As it’s almost impossible to get splashes with the oil pastels (well, you can melt them by heat or a solvent) I chose to add the splashes with acrylic paint. Because you just can’t go without splashes, right?! 


This layout I created is about something that has intrigued me since childhood. I’ve always been drawn to ancient Egypt and did even several school papers about the topic. The strong combo of the turquoise and brown made me think about scarabees, the sacred beetles. The photo I used in the layout is taken a couple of summers back in Berlin when we visited the Museum Island. The symbols scattered in the page are translated using an internet site and spell “Egypt”.

Thank you for your visit today! Wishing you a pleasant day!


Materials used:

Writer’s Block – Word Stickers 6x12 
Homegrown – Clear Stamps 

Um Wow Studio: Writer’s Block – Written Flair
Um Wow Studio: Fortune-teller – Gypsy Soul Flair


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Ranger

1 comment:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Ihana turkoosi sopii hyvin tähän. Kaunis työ.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...