27/03/2017

Pale and blue - GDT Mixed Media and Art


It's a beautiful Monday! Last week of March just started and summer time is here in Finland. Well, you couldn't tell it from the way the weather looks like but we did turn clocks yesterday.

Today I'm sharing a special project - I had the honor to guest over at Mixed Media and Art blog. You can see the guest post here (link).  If you are not familiar with Mixed Media and Art blog, I highly recommend having a look. The team over there is just so talented and the projects are pieces of art. Although the blog has a lot of visual candy, you can also participate as it's a challenge site. My project was done using the March challenge, which you can find here (link). You can see the mood board of the challenge also underneath.


The collage gave me much inspiration! I really loved the collage with the different shades of blue - blue is my favorite color! There was jeans blue and delicate pale blue shades. Just lovely! And also the connection to weathered wood and beach. I also really liked the sketch also as it's kind of just outlines for the project and you can interpret it the way you want.  

I mimicked some of the elements in the collage in my piece. For example the lace-like pattern in the skull on the top photo transformed into a piece of lace in my project. Because the theme in the collage was sea what would fit better than a bottle to the piece? Instead of a message inside it, I added some glitter. 


I also loved the see-through vases and the play with light and heavy looking items. The see-through part for my piece came from the fantastic discovery from my stash, a little transparent tray. For the heavy things I used metal embellishments because I thought the light feel of the background and the flowers needed a strong contrast.

Thank you for your visit today! Wishing you a great week! 


Materials: Prima Marketing, Wow Embossing Powder, Tsukineko


2 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

This is so pretty! So much texture and the blues look just dreamy against that crackly white.

magicalmagpie said...

This is beautiful Riikka. I love that it is created on. A see through surface adds a whole new dimension.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...