30/10/2016

Music is the voice of the soul - 7 Dots Studio


Hello there everyone! Today I'm sharing a process video with you! There’s no special technique involved in this layout although there’s different mediums and materials in use. My goal was to show you a fun composition and using a simple tool to get a lot of detail to a page – a stapler. You also get to see basic process when I create a layout.


The page is about a lovely surprise I got in the mail some time ago. When I was attending a Turisas show a couple of years ago, one of the bands performing before them was Thaurorod. I didn’t know the band before but enjoyed the energy the singer radiated to the crowd and took a couple of pictures. I then tweeted them and long story short, a year from that met the singer and spent a day in Stockholm with him. Now that they are about to release their new album they had a competition connected to one of the songs and as it happens, I guessed right. So I got two of their guitar picks and plan to make a piece of jewelry out of them!

I started the layout with some mixed media, creating a background for the piece. For that I used gesso, watercolors, a pencil and some stamping. On top I then created the detailed and fun layer using text stickers, die cuts and a stapler. You can see the video here underneath. 


Thank you for your visit today! Hope you enjoyed the video! Have a great start to the new week! 


Materials: 

Illumination: 6x6 Pad 
Homegrown: Rays Stencil
Yuletide: Clear Stamps
Illumination: Die Cut Elements 6x12


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Ranger, A Flair for Buttons, Garn und Mehr, Fiskars

3 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Beautiful page and awesome video! I can't wait to see what you create with the picks! What sort of stapler took did you use with the clear plate? Thanks!

Corine said...

I love your sketch.
Thank you for your video.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Hi Kathy! It's the We R Memory Keepers Staple Board! A handy tool that allows you to staple wherever you want :) Here's the original announcement post at We R Memory Keepers blog (https://wermemorykeepers.wordpress.com/2016/04/13/new-release-staple-board/)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...