03/10/2016

Let it snow - 7 Dots Studio


Is it winter yet? I know, I know, it’s only the beginning of October and I’m dreaming of a white Christmas. A bit early, maybe? But the autumn weather and the dark nights got me waiting for the winter to start already as even a teeny tiny bit of snow makes everything so much brighter again! So both of my monthly projects for 7 Dots Studio this month are quite winter themed. I'm sharing the first one today and the second one tomorrow. If you'd like to see both today already, please visit the 7 Dots Studio blog here (link).


For this month I created a layout and a set of ATCs as my project. They all have similar elements but I wanted to show how same elements and techniques look different in different projects. 

For my layout I chose to use a photo I took at the beginning of this year. I had just returned from Frankfurt where there was no snow in sight and next day, when going to the store, this was what I saw. Black and white birch trees in an almost black and white landscape. Something very Finnish or homey about that.

To get the winter-like feeling I used pale colors from different collections and frosted it with some snowflake paste. I also added some punched out snowflakes to heighten the atmosphere.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! See you tomorrow, I hope!


Materials from 7 Dots Studio: 



Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Um Wow Studio, Prima Marketing


1 comment:

Jaana H-V said...

Hieno! Kohta se talvi tulee ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...