Today is an oldie! This card along with the step directions was blogged in Canvas Corp's own blog last year. Oopsie! Well, better late than ever, right? The card was made Thanksgiving in mind, but there’s much more to be thankful for also! Why should we be thankful only once a year so to say?
I used the “Farmhouse Kitchen” collection in the card. There’s just a card and a two pieces of 12×12″ sheets put together and finished with a piece of the hemp rope. If you want to make something similar, I have the steps underneath. Thank you for your visit!
1. Cut the “Thank You” note card in half from the fold line.
2. Cut a slightly larger piece from the ivory cardstock, for example 4″ x 5½”.
3. Attach the note card to the ivory cardstock with a few lines of double sided tape to secure it stays put. Avoid putting the adhesive near the edges.
4. Sew around the note card using a zig zag stitch. Pull the threads to the back and secure with a knot or a piece of tape.
5. Add a touch of color to the artichoke using crayons, felt pens or watercolor crayons. You can also use mists like watercolors.
6. Cut a card base from the patterned paper – for example 6″ x 12″. Fold in half.
7. Using 3 D foam squares attach the note card piece to the card base.
8. Finish the card with a few rounds of the hemp rope. Attach the rope just by knotting it inside the card or use washi tape with a suitable pattern.
(9. Add a few home made cookies, something sweet or the receiver’s favorite tea to a brown paper bag and give it with your card.)
Materials from Canvas Corp:
Materials: Canvas Corp, Design Memory Craft