24/04/2013

Zeus and Zoe cards


Hello! Today I want to share my second April project for Zeus and ZoeThe monthly challenge asked for buttons and we have a special price by May Arts, so I combined the two to these cards. I used materials from my Zeus and Zoe kit and created two butterfly ladies with old book pages, patterned papers, buttons and ribbons.

I created the backgrounds for the cards by stamping with buttons using gesso as the paint media. The other button repeated the pattern better than the other - the rings are more visible than the other impressions from that rose button. The flat, easy shapes work best for this technique, but I wanted to try what kind of texture the rose would create.

I also used buttons as embellishments for these cards. The other card has a little frame made out of a button and the other has an aged rose. For the frame one I added an epoxy sticker inside the beautiful decorated rim. The rose is made to look old with acrylic paints, alcohol inks and gesso.

Please take part to the challenge, if you already haven't done so! We would love to see your project! I hope that my takes on the buttons have inspired you!



Nämä kortit tein Zeus and Zoe -blogiin kuukauden toisena projektinani. Tämän kuun haaste haastoi käyttämään nappeja ja erikoispalkintona tässä kuussa on nauhoja May Artsilta, joten yhdistin nämä kaksi näihin kortteihini. Käytin materiaaleja Zeus and Zoe kitistäni

Korttin tautat on luotu leimailemalla napeilla gessoa käyttäen. Rengas toistui luonnollisesti paljon paremmin kuin ruusu, mutta halusin kokeilla, millaisen kuvion ruusu tuottaisi. Käytin nappeja myös korttien koristeena. Toisesta tein kehyksen ja toisen vanhensin maaleilla ja musteilla.

Jollet ole jo osallistunut haasteeseen, sinulla on vielä noin viikko aikaa! Olisi hienoa nähdä, miten tulkitsette teemaa!



4 comments:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Uskomaton ihanuus

Tone-Lill said...

Realy great vintage card. Love the butterfly wings on the ladies. It looks awsome!!
:)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Kiitos :)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...